What do we do?
We organize hikes near and far, sports activities, canoeing, sauna events and more. Shorter trips are often in Nuuksio and other nearby national parks, and for longer hikes we go, for example, to the beautiful scenery of Lapland. In Hydepakki we do many outdoor activities, but we do not limit our activities to mere hiking. Over the years, we’ve been doing things like:
- Canoeing and cycling tours
- Long hikes to Lapland or beyond
- Cake competitions
- Mushroom picking
- Easter chocolate egg hunts or ski hikes
- Day trips and two-night camping trips
- Winter swimming
- Scouting skill competitions
- Improvised forest pancakes
- Weekend tent and lean-to trips to the best landscapes of southern Finland
Our events are completely free unless otherwise stated, but for overnight trips we require the membership fee to be paid to either Hyde or Teepakki.
Half of the Hydepakkians are from Universtiy of Helsinki and half are from Aalto University, so the association is certainly interdisciplinary both around a campfire and in a pie-eating competition. Have a look at this year’s event calendar to see if there is a suitable event for your own calendar, and join us!